At this time of year I crave light, and I am getting so bored of wearing grey, black and navy on rotation.
I NEED COLOUR! It indicates to me that Spring is around the corner, and that we have almost made it through Winter.
Buttercup, that gorgeous shade of yellow is popping up all over the Highstreet.
I have trawled through all the websites and here are my top pieces.
Starting at the top
- These yellow tassel sandals cost just over twenty pounds, so are a cheap way to embrace yellow. They look fabulous with a pair of cropped jeans or a little white dress.
- The Outnet is a great place to look for well priced pieces to kick start Spring. I love this Sophie Hulme clutch.
- I am so tempted by this Max Mara coat, I love the acidic pop of colour and it is still in sale at Matches for a little over two hundred pounds.
- The texture is what attracted me to this Mango car coat – it is really an oversized jacket and you can find it for thirty five pounds at John Lewis.
- This sweatshirt from the Brand Outlet is a great way to add a bit of colour to your school run. Another great option is this one from Made By Riley.
- Again this oversized reclaimed shirt in a yellow check pattern is the perfect way to add a bit of colour… I wear these shirts over my gymwear .
- These Nike trainers are super cute and a great alternative to the white Stan Smith.
- Whistles are so strong in jumpsuits, and this one is kicking off their Spring collection. I also adore this Whistles backpack and it is now half price.
- I love an a asymmetic top and this one from Cos would be perfect over jeans once the weather gets a bit warmer. It is half price on the website.
- I have been debating these Etro yellow trousers, but as they are a bit more expensive I have ordered a cheap pair from La Redoute – if I wear them a lot, I can always upgrade .
- This cable sweater is winging its way to me from Romwe, and at fourteen pounds it will be perfect to take away skiing.
- Asos are great for trends and this yellow spotted dress is glorious, and perfect for a Spring or Summer Wedding or Event.
- If you are looking for a simple yellow sweater I found this one on the H&M website, great again to throw over jeans.
- This Finery ruffle shirt is so pretty, and a bargain at twenty four pounds.
What to wear with yellow:
I adore yellow with leopard print or with camel, not to mention denim ofr any shade.
This is not something to invest in, but a trend that I would buy in sale or on the Highstreet. Somehow is worth it, as you cannot help but be uplifted – which we need in January.
Wishing you a fabulous weekend