I am too old to go out without any make up. It is not vanity, I used to, but now in my mid-forties it is too scary a thought.
At the same time I hate heavy make-up. I leave my house at 7.30 every morning on the school run so I don’t have time to mess around.
I love picking up tips from others and use them to tweak my routine. Thank you Hannah for sharing all your top tips with us this week. Look out for the baby chair noises in the background, these are not edited, what you see is how it was!
I have also added the links to all the products we are chatting about below:
It is all about make up that enhances but doesn’t give that dull mask like look. We all want to look natural and fresh but I know we can all do with a helping hand.
All our videos are on our YouTube channel there are already lots of videos for you to check out (or just click below).
- The best tinted moisturiser is by Nars (I use the shade St. Moritz) or Dr. Perricone No Foundation Foundation for a lighter finish
- Check out Nars again for blusher, Hannah uses the shades Orgasm and Hot Sand
- Kevyn Aucoin does the best natural bronzer which is called the Celestial Bronze Veil
- Use a Kabuti brush to apply the blusher for a natural finish
- Check out Bobby Brown for easy to apply eyeshadow, avoid pencils and use a brush to contour the eye
- Hannah’s top tips for lipstick are the following:
- Use Nars lipliner in Rosebud
- Check out Nars reds, Jungle Red is very intense. Manhunt for a lighter red and Niagra and Anita for pinks and nude shades
- Lancôme Hypnose is Hannah’s mascara or choice. I have just ordered the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara, thank you Debbie Collins for the tip. I love her blog, it is definitely worth checking out
- Hannah also uses Touche Eclat everyday. I have been applying mine like she explains in the video and the finish is so much better
Last year I cleared the decks of all that old make up that I had accumulated and now I keep my routine simple.