I am not a great skier, but my husband is and my kids love it, so I am trying. As long as I avoid chair lifts, I am fine. Last year I tumbled twice.. it is that moment when the bar goes up, I get so nervous I either head off too early or wait too long. So I want to at least look the part if I am face down in the snow.
When we ski we go to Italy, to a super relaxed family resort, and I cannot recommend the hotel enough. It is called Cavallino Bianco: for more details, you can checkout this post.
Now, I get all the kids clothes on Ebay; they have all the brands and as mine only wear it once, so I can resell it for the same price when I get back.
So, what is in my suitcase?
Well, this year I have hunted down a vintage black all-in-one from Dior, yet another eBay find. I cannot wait to share photos of this exquisite find; it cost less than a piece from Sweaty Betty and I am so excited to get try it out on the slopes. All of the non-ski wear can be worn at home too, so even if you are not a skier I hope you find something you love.
- I have spoken before about how the Brand Outlet stock the best selection of well priced designer glasses – these aviators are from The Row and 60% off .
- These Ugg slippers are what I wear after a long day skiing; they are cute and comfortable and in sale at Flannels. They have proper soles so you can wear them out too.
- These Sorel boots are a classic, and these are a collaboration with J Crew (and also slashed to sell on their website).
- You cannot beat a wool and cashmere all in one – this grey one is from Boden. I love the red contrast and now it’s down to sixty pounds. ASOS also have the simple grey one which is a great alternative. Use this voucher code too.
- Sweaty Betty are great for ski-wear and this is my favourite piece from their collection.
- This is another alternative if you are looking for an all in one, it is from Oneskee, and I am so tempted to order this.
- The company with the most exquisite ski wear I have seen in a long time is SOS Sportswear. It is expensive but this is the Isabel Marant of ski-wear. A reader tipped me off to Postcard, and now I am obsessed. It is too late for this trip but I will be stalking this suit! Thank you Dairin this is ski-suit Nirvana.
- Another option is startup Sadetian Paris, check them out.
8) Outnet have a great range of snow boots,and I love these ones with the studs from Lagerfeld.
9) I am obsessed by finding a Chanel belt bag, you can find this one on shopbop.
10) I adore this pompom hat from Somerville, and there is a discount code on the blog this week. The quality is exquisite and with 20% off this is a great way to liven up your ski wear.
11) Ikki are the best snow boots. I have a grey pair that I have had for years… they are an investment but worth it. They are stocked at Avenue 32.
14) Now for the fun stuff: Ducie are fabulous for fun furs and this navy and white jacket is real stand out piece.
Please share any other great Ski brands with me, as would love to feature them in a follow up.